Performance Against Benchmarks
Hover over the chart to compare the Peregrine Fund’s percentage total return against key benchmarks on a month-by-month basis, or click on the legend to hide specific benchmarks. Read more about our selection of relevant benchmarks below.
Although the Peregrine Fund is global in scope, it focuses primarily on equity investments in Canada, and secondarily in the United States. Our largest area of sector concentration is in technology. No single benchmark perfectly matches this strategy, but five widely known benchmarks are somewhat relevant:
- The S&P/TSX Composite Index (Total Return C$) — the most widely recognized diversified Canadian equity index
- The S&P/TSX Small Cap Index (Total Return C$) — the most widely recognized Canadian small cap index
- The S&P 500 Index (Total Return C$) — the most widely recognized diversified U.S. equity index
- The NASDAQ Composite Index (C$) — the most widely recognized technology benchmark in the world
- The Russell 2000 Index (C$) – the most widely recognized U.S. small cap index
These benchmarks are displayed in the interactive chart above. The Peregrine Fund has considerably outperformed all five benchmarks over time.
A $150,000 investment in Series One of the Peregrine Fund, on its inception in June 2004, is worth $1,889,779 as of June 30, 2021 — a percentage total return of +1,159.85%, and an annualized return of +15.99%. This performance can be compared with the Peregrine Fund’s five most relevant benchmarks:
Performance Against Other Funds
As of June 30, 2021, of the funds classified as Alternative Strategies, Equity Focused (C$) listed on FundProfiler, the Peregrine Fund was an elite “Top 10” performer amongst those with 10-year performance records.
NOTE: To avoid duplication, only one share class of a fund is considered when data for multiple share classes is available.
Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
All fund return figures and percentages are calculated net of Management and Performance Fees.